Build Incredible Apps With A Global Impact
Mindstix is looking for talented Android developers to join our award-winning mobility team. You will be responsible for designing and developing highly engaging enterprise and consumer mobile Apps for our global brands and markets.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creative problem solving and rapid prototyping to validate new product ideas.
- Collaborate with product managers to analyze requirements and groom user stories.
- Collaborate with UX and creative teams to translate designs into high-quality App experiences.
- Adopt net-gen Android capabilities: Instant Apps, On-demand Apps, Apps for Foldables.
- Develop Apps using modern Android components: Jetpack Compose, Data Binding, Lifecycles, LiveData, Navigation, Paging, Room, ViewModel, WorkManager.
- Integrate Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaaS) platforms, SDKs, and APIs: Google Firebase, AWS Amplify.
- Work with external data sources and APIs using REST, Retrofit, Glide, GraphQL, Room.
- Building, maintaining, and optimizing components for reusability across a wide range of Android devices.
- Troubleshooting and debugging application code to improve performance and stability.
- Unit testing code for robustness, edge cases, usability, and reliability.
- Collaborate with specialists in security engineering, release management, build and test automation.
- Distribute apps to Google PlayStore or enterprise environments using Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms such as MobileIron and AirWatch.
- Launch production-grade apps for global brands with incredible business impact: eCommerce, Digital Learning, Consumer Tech, Health Tech, Hospitality and SaaS.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or allied streams.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in developing Android applications using Java or Kotlin.
- Strong foundations in computer science, data structures, algorithms, and programming logic.
- Strong foundations in core Java: Collections, Multi-threading, Concurrency, and Synchronization concepts.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, MVC / MVP / MVVM architecture patterns, design patterns, and mobile application architecture.
- Experience with Android capabilities: Jetpack Compose, Data Binding, Lifecycles, LiveData, Navigation, Paging, Room, ViewModel, WorkManager.
- Experience in designing API specifications and integrating APIs with Android Apps using REST and GraphQL.
- Experience in managing application’s state using on-device storage capabilities: Caching, SharedPreferences, SQLite, RealmDB.
- Working knowledge of the modern mobility landscape, emerging technologies, and consumer trends.
- Understanding of mobile security standards, OWASP, secure coding, and GDPR is an added advantage.
- Experience with test automation frameworks such as Appium, and Robotium. Robo-electric would be an added advantage.
- Experience in the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies.
- DevOps mindset with a working experience of Build Automation Tools, Version Control Systems, Git would be an added advantage.
- Experience with App distribution on Google PlayStore, Enterprise MDM Platforms or equivalent is an added advantage.
Who Fits Best?
- You are a passionate programmer with a flair for solving complex engineering problems.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced creative environment.
- You have a passion to build Apps and solutions that scale to millions of users in the marketplace.
- You have an appreciation for great design, a strong sense of aesthetics, and a keen eye for detail.
- You thrive in a customer-centric environment with the ability to actively listen, to empathize, and to collaborate with globally distributed teams.
- You are a team player with a desire to mentor and inspire others to do their best.
- You love to express ideas and to articulate well with strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- You are detail-oriented with an appreciation for craftsmanship.
Flexible working environment.
Health Insurance Coverage.
Accelarated Career Planning.
Competitive compensation and perks.
Rewards and Recognition.
A world without boundaries - we hire globally and offer remote and hybrid working options. We are headquartered in Pune (India) and the Silicon Valley.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mindstix is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.